I am a versatile and talented editor with demonstrated ability in writing and editing articles, web content, and manuscripts on a variety of topics. I am always looking for ways to contribute as a freelance editor by helping authors’ work sparkle.
Summary of My Best Skills
- Experience in writing and editing articles and manuscripts on varied subjects
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to organize and accomplish editing assignment in time
- Innate ability to maintain clear and personable communication via email
- Skilled in maintaining raw and edited files
- Excellent eye-sight for fixing grammar, spelling, punctuation, and style errors
- Wide knowledge on diverse topics obtained through 7+ years of research, writing and editing
- Maturity to anticipate readers’ reaction, as demonstrated by online marketing experience and qualification
- Experience in guiding and training writers
My Work Experience Includes
In 2007 I Worked As a Freelance Reporter at Reporter, South Africa
- Create, write, and upload articles as a citizen reporter
- Encourage readership and maintaining a following
- Manage revenues
In 2009 I worked As a Freelance Writer for London Brokers
- Research and write articles on varied topics
- Rewrite each article in triplicate
- Proofread and edit articles
- Ensure correct keyword percentiles
- Manage revenues
Since 2009, I Have Been the Proud Owner of ContentCafe
I started my own freelance business in December, 2009, providing online writing and editing services to clients around the world.
- Perform copy-writing and editing of articles for online marketing purposes while maintaining desired keyword percentiles through adding and deleting text.
- Check blogs and online articles for smooth flow and easy understanding.
- Change titles, headings, and subheadings of blogs articles.
- Proofread web content spelling, grammar, and user experience, and marketing impact and verify the written materials are free from plagiarism.
- Provide suggestions regarding layout, colors, and images for blogs and web pages.
- Copyedit articles, manuscripts, and web content for spelling, grammar, and style.
- Edit manuscripts for grammar, style, consistency, logic, and clarity.
- Maintain consistency of tenses, as well as verb and subject agreement.
- Rewrite sentences or paragraphs to improve flow.
- Check facts as needed and provide honest suggestion for improving details of the manuscript and future writing as appropriate.
- Create and maintain pages on social media for promoting client’s services and products.
- Maintain an active profile on Upwork as a Digital Copywriter & Manuscript Editor.
My Career Highlights Include
- Winning a bursary to achieve a Certificate in Creative Writing and pursue my dream of becoming a writer. That has since changed to editor, however, I may still write a book or two.
- Starting my own company, Content Cafe and receiving wonderful feedback from clients on Upwork and Linkedin.
- Never once missing a deadline throughout my career spanning more than seven years and serving well over 200 clients.
- Being invited to become a member of the official “Private Talent Cloud” (PTC) for Upwork Pro Freelancers.
- Earning Hubspot Inbound Certification. Hubspot Inbound Certification deems the bearer fully capable and skilled in Inbound Methodology. I have been tested on best practices and am capable of applying them to attract strangers, convert visitors, close leads and delight customers.
Publishing my book, The Editor’s Guide to Writing a Book on a Shoestring Budget.