When your manuscript is in its final stages, invest in copyediting. The Editing Queen provides peace of mind, ensuring that any problems are corrected before your book is published. During the copyediting process, your book editor will identify and correct any technical errors, ensuring that your book meets its highest potential, as well as the industry best practices.
During a copyedit, the Editing Queen will:
- correct any issues with spelling, grammar, punctuation and word use.
- ensure consistency in spelling (especially with regional language differences), capitalisation and numbers.
- correct any misused words and incorrect figures of speech.
- highlight factual inaccuracies.
Copyediting & Your Reputation
Your reputation as an author hinges on the quality of your book. Everyone makes mistakes, but you can show your readers that you care about giving them the best reading experience possible. Hire a professional copyeditor to catch any mistakes you may well have overlooked. It is more common than you might think!
You need copyediting services, because:
1. You’ve been working on your story forever, and you know exactly what has happened and what is still to come. Your brain will overlook mistakes, no matter how hard you try. Invest in the fresh eyes of a copyeditor who is trained specifically to pick up such errors.
2. Everyone makes mistakes, but you don’t want that to taint your reputation. Unfortunately, a standard spell checker is not sufficient in picking up many common errors.
3. You may not know if something is a mistake. Let a professional copyeditor (such as the Editing Queen) help you decide whether you are using the correct punctuation to impact your sentences best.
Copyediting is the final step in the editing process. It is your final step in dealing with issues that were highlighted earlier on in the process, and before sending the manuscript to the publishers.
Is your book ready for a copyedit? Get in touch with the Editing Queen today.