Make use of our Manuscript Critique service to cut straight to the issues that stand in the way of your book’s success. Feedback is based on your genre, for instance:
Fiction critique will include aspects such as point of view, structure, characterization, pacing, writing style, storytelling, and dialogue.
Non-fiction books will be critiqued on the content, clarity, organization, writing style and flow.
Manuscript Critique Provides Immediate Action Steps for Instant Improvements
Manuscript critique early on in the development of your draft is a fantastic tool to ensure that the reader will understand the big picture you are trying to paint. It will ensure that plot lines are pulled through and your editor will provide helpful suggestions with regards to improving on story lines or ideas, as well as development of your character and your author voice.
The manuscript critiquing process:
1. Multiple readings of your manuscript to identify issues you need to resolved.
2. Identification of strengths to emphasize.
3. Light annotation of your manuscript.
4. Preparing a report with comments and suggestions on ways in which you can enhance your work.
During the process, your editor will look for issues such as:
- plot holes
- disjointed structure
- unexciting action
- slow passages
- inconsistent characterization
- unnecessary scenes
- intrusive author voice
- problematic choices in narrator or tense
- distracting phrases or habits
Your manuscript report will not only help you identify issues, but it will contain helpful recommendations on how to fix them. It will show you how your book can be even better.
Order your manuscript critique today and get a free email consultation during which you can seek clarification on the contents of the report.